What is ThermiVa?
ThermiVa is the first and only temperature controlled radio frequency system. It’s used for non-surgical dermatological application in aesthetics and other medical specialities. ThermiVa is the non-surgical approach to vaginal rejuvenation including labia and vaginal tightening. IT applies the Thermi technology to both the internal and external vaginal areas.
ThermiVa offers results that last from 9 to 12 months!
Here’s all you need to know (and more) about ThermiVa.
How does it work?
- ThermiVa applies Thermi technology to either the labia or vaginal walls to stimulate cell reproduction reversing the aging process.
- Radiofrequency energy is sent to the desired area, heating the tissue and stimulating the body’s own collagen.
- It is clinically proven that tissue shrinks and collagen is estimated with temperatures between 42 – 45 °C.
- A radio frequency generator, made by Thermi Aesthetics powers an “S” shaped hand piece that tightens external and internal vulvovaginal tissue via a thermistor tip which is able to control heat delivered.
- The tip has gentle curves that provide comfort.
- Procedure includes 3 separate treatments over a period of 3 months.
- Each treatment takes about 30 minutes.
- Results last 9 – 12 months.
- No anesthesia, shots or numbing creams are required.
- There is NO downtime after treatments.
- No recovery delay in sexual activity.
- Vaginal Laxity
Will tighten the vagina at the opening and the full length of the vagina that is noticeable to patient and partner.
- Vulvar/Labial Laxity:
Will tighten the labial tissues and reduce sag and “Camel Toes.”
It results in softer and smoother skin that is very noticeable.
- Vaginal/Vulvar Dryness or Atrophic Vaginitis:
Will add softer and thicker skin and more moisture both internally and externally.
- Mild to Moderate Stress Incontinence:
Will reduce accidents and leakage and may reduce urge symptoms. Along with Kegel Exercises women may avoid the use of mesh slings in their vaginas.
- Sexual or Orgasmic Dysfunction:
May result in increased sensitivity.
More coordinated and stronger muscular contractions.
Ability to achieve orgasms in a shorter time period.
- Improves appearance of labia.
- Reduces vaginal dryness and atrophy.
- Reduced urinary leakage.
- Increase in function of the vaginal muscle.
- Helps improve symptoms of orgasmic dysfunction.
- Improves the pleasure of intercourse for both the patient and their partner.
- Increase vaginal sensitivity.
- Increased comfort in tight clothing.
- Reduces self-awareness in leotards and bikinis.
Note: May also help reduce mild to moderate pelvic prolapse symptoms by shrinkage of vaginal tissues and helping improve muscular coordination and strength.
Reclaim, Restore, Revive
- Excessive relaxation of the vaginal muscles is a common occurrence after vaginal birth, or due to aging.
- Damage can diminish sensation during intercourse, reduce sexual satisfaction and change the relationship between partners.
- Laxity of the skin is caused by numerous factors; and no area is immune to this natural decline.
Reclaim your “pre-baby body”. Restore your satisfaction. Revive your relationship.
What is THERMIlift – Minimally invasive device that heats and repairs saggy, lose skin from within. Tightens the skin, reduces fat and relaxes the frown (glabellar) lines of the forehead. Non-toxin alternative to injectable neurotoxins that eliminates or significantly reduces frown line and wrinkles.
It can last up to two years.
Here is a visual presentation of what THERMIlift is …
- Treats lax and sagging skin.
- Treats frown lines.
- Treats many areas of the body.
- Stimulates long-term collagen growth.
- Its safe, comfortable and minimally-invasive.
- Minimal or no downtime.
- Short Recovery.
THERMIlift is perfect for patients who want:
- To delay a major procedure.
- An effective one time treatment.
- Little down time.
- Long lasting results.
- The In-Between Patient.
- Anesthesia: Local
- Duration: 1 hour long
- Description: Tiny radio frequency probe delivers the prescribed dose of safe RF energy through the non-insulated tip of the probe to heat the targeted fat cells causing the skin to heat, tighten and retract.
- ThermiLift technology allows to precisely locate an area for treatment, and then apply a specific dose of controlled radiofrequency energy to a portion of the targeted area.
- The clinician can set the desired temperature and know that is being delivered in consistent doses to the desired area.
Things to remember about THERMIlift:
- Results are gradual and may take from three to six months to maximize the effects of the treatment.
- Can be used to tighten the skin of the face, neck, back, chest and arms.
- It’s ideal for small areas.
- It’s a safe effective treatment that can reduce fat and tighten skin post procedure.
- The dose for each patient is therapeutically customizable.
- It’s ideal as an addition to a minimally invasive rejuvenation treatment plan,
- Little to no downtime.
- Mild swelling or discomfort for a few hours.
The answer is yes. And no.
Yes, because Botox, fillers and now the cutting-edge, radio frequency technology, ThermiRase, can achieve amazing results for patients seeking non or minimally invasive treatments for aging around the eyes and upper portion of the face. Botox and Dysport have become synonymous with a wrinkle-free forehead and the reduction of crow’s feet around the eyes. Botox injected into the lateral brow region can create some lift. Strategically placed filler in the temples and around they eyes can create a lifted and more youthful appearance as well.
ThermiRase is quickly becoming on of our practice’s most popular minimally-invasive procedure. It utilizes radio frequency to ablate the nerves that cause wrinkling in the forehead and can last up to two years. For our patients who are not ready for a surgical forehead lift and tightening, this has become the go-to procedure. The results from it have been equated to those of a mini brow lift as the forehead is totally smooth after. During a minimally invasive ThermiRase procedure, the heat generated by radio-frequency targets specific tissues in the underlying skin, ablating the motor nerve which causes facial wrinkles. This process involves the use of a small probe that generates radio-frequency heat. After mapping out the target muscle and nerves, I will gently insert the radio-frequency probe beneath the skin and use low level energy impulses to purposefully disrupt the wrinkle-causing muscles. Like Botox, ThermiRase prevents facial muscles from full function, but patients can expect results as astounding as they are beautiful.
No, because for the non-“in-betweener” patients, those who are in the more advanced stages of aging, then a surgical eye or brow lift will be the most successful way to address excess skin and sagging. Also, everything discussed above is only temporary and results will fade over time. Those seeking a more permanent solution may need to seek a more aggressive and longer lasting surgical procedure.
Are you interested in how Dr. Honrado can utilize Botox, fillers and ThermiRase can help you achieve your facial rejuvenation goals? If so, please call our offices today! 310.286.0043.